With today’s low interest rates, now may be a good time to refinance*
your current mortgage with M&T.
Do you want to take advantage of the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)?
Millions of families have already taken advantage of low mortgage rates with
HARP. You may be able to start saving today if:
- Your mortgage payments are on time even if the value of your home has declined
- Your mortgage was sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before
- You are interested in a streamlined refinance - even if you were denied in
Do you have an FHA, VA or USDA loan to refinance?
Refinancing an FHA, VA or USDA mortgage loan through M&T provides options with "streamlined" or reduced documentation requirements.
These programs have other features and benefits to help lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, or go from an adjustable to a
fixed interest rate. An M&T Loan Officer can guide you through the process.
Are you interested in reducing your mortgage payment for the remaining term of your loan?
Refinancing while mortgage rates are low may help save hundreds of dollars every month and thousands of dollars over the life of your loan.
Our convenient refinancing calculator
can help you decide whether refinancing is right for you.
Do you want to avoid future increases in your Adjustable Rate Mortgage payment?
If you have an adjustable rate mortgage you may be concerned about future payment
increases. When interest rates rise, you could face higher mortgage payments.
By refinancing into a new fixed rate mortgage with M&T, you may be able to:
- Enjoy the security of a fixed principal and interest payment
- Limit out-of-pocket expenses by financing your closing costs
- Avoid paperwork hassles with streamlined refinancing options
Do you want to consolidate monthly bills?
By refinancing your mortgage with M&T Bank, you can consolidate debt at a low
fixed rate to:
- Reduce monthly payments
- Use your home equity to help finance a child's education or make home improvements
- Simplify finances with one monthly payment
Would you like to use the equity in your home to pay for expenses such as home improvements,
college tuition or a wedding?
By taking advantage of a "cash-out refinance" you may be able to use your home's equity to obtain cash,
and limit out-of-pocket expenses by financing your closing costs.
A home equity loan or line of credit helps take advantage of the equity in your home and saves you taxes.
Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of mortgage interest.
An M&T loan officer can help weigh your options and make the best choice possible.